Grow Youngstown's CSA: Farm to You
Farm to You, a Community Supported Agriculture market, supports local farmers by connecting them directly with eaters. Knowing they can count on sales to Grow Youngstown helps our farmers plan the growing season more effectively and leverage a guaranteed market to expand their production. Members get fresh, locally produced food, most of it sustainably grown, and help build a strong local food economy that supports producers and ensures healthy food access to more local families. We accept the Ohio Direction Card. Visit our Farm to You shop
We are offering delivery service! For 18 wks it is $135.00 and for 25 wks it is $187.00. If you'd like to order this service with your share -- indicate as much in the purchase process (along with pickup location preference). We'll send you an invoice for the delivery fee. We can accomodate ad hoc deliveries for members if you "send money", via paypal to email@example.com by noon on the Friday before you Tuesday pick-up. For ad hoc delivery the fee is $10.00 per delivery.
THE ADVANTAGES OF CSA
- Greater nutritional value: Food traveling shorter distances, reaches customers with higher nutritional content.
- Supports the local economy: Money transferred stays within the local economy (doesn't go to Chicago (IGA) or Pittsburgh (Giant Eagle) creating direct and interdependent bonds between producers and consumers.
- Good price: Customers pay less or equal to what they would pay at the supermarket for organically grown produce and farmers get a fair price and we lower our carbon foot print!
- Variety: Customers get a variety of vegetables not always available at the local supermarket.
- Sustainable: It's sustainable because it's local and with few exceptions, we choose to work with farmers that follow organic practices.
Tuesday Pick-up Locations
- NEW: Poland Library 5:30 to 7pm
- East Side Library 5:30 to 7pm
- Boardman YMCA 5:30 to 7pm
- Fellows Riverside Gardens 4 to 6pm
- Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership 4 to 6pm